Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On Our Own

Mike left this afternoon for Dallas for a 2-day training session (this reassures me that his job is still somewhat secure). That leaves the boys and I on our own until Friday night. And of course I work both days. Sigh. I wish we had had some advance notice of his training because, honestly, I would have packed up and gone with him. I don't know what I would have done during the time that he is in meetings, but just to get away would have been so nice.

Today's been one of those days that I am ready to mark 'done'. I've not been feeling well for the past couple of days so I went to the doctor this morning. Nothing is seriously wrong, just stressed and sick. I got an antibiotic. Hopefully it will kick what I've got. This afternoon I had an interview for a school nurse position within our school district. I don't think the interview went well. I was nervous, I wasn't feeling well (I probably should have rescheduled it, but didn't want to go through that hassle as the end of school year is drawing near), and I just felt like I didn't present myself well. I don't know. I think on some level I am just preparing myself in case I don't get it. Instead of being excited and hopeful that I may get it and then going through a huge letdown if I don't seems worse than preparing myself now that it may not happen. Does that make sense? It's times like these I wish my parents were here because I could sure use a hug right now, even a shoulder to cry on. (Mom, Dad... not trying to make you feel guilty for being 2 states away... just missing you this evening).

I'd better go. I've got to finish some laundry before going to bed. I have to get up super early in the morning. Trying to get 2 boys to school and me to work all before 8 in the morning will be interesting.
~jen

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

{{{HUGS}}} I hope you feel well soon. I, too, am battling some bug that is also most likely (at least in part) due to stress. Ugh. And I know what you mean about getting the kids ready for school by yourself. It's tough, and the mornings that Toby is here to help sure are less stressful...
But you are stong, and you will survive tomorrow morning.
And don't sell yourself short on the school nurse position. If it's meant to be, it will be yours.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Baby girl you are always in our thoughts and prayers everyday and night and more. I wish to be back in Texas so very much but for right now the Lord wants us in Arkansas. We want to help you with all you have to do, we know right now things are hard, but we know and have seen your strength throughout your 34 years. You are stronger than you realize, but you have the strength of the Lord in you also, don't ever forget that. I hope you can feel our love for you and know that we carry you in our arms and hearts also. Hang in there, if you need us to come out, we will check Dad's schedule and my upcoming Drs, appointments. If there is any other need, you know we will come through for you in anyway. We always have your back, regardless. Just know that the Lord is interceding for you even when you feel He is not, He knows our every need and will never fail us if we just keep to his will. I hope you can feel all our love as well as Christ's for you and our arms around you at this time.
Love and Hugs