By now, many of you know that Mike has lost his job. It happened Friday (the 1st of December). I think I am having a harder time with it than Mike is. I am still so disappointed in the management and owner of the dealership. Mike did nothing wrong. It isn't his fault that this is after all, the "slow season" and car sales are going to be down. He can't force his salesmen to bring in new customers. He can't force customers to buy. It isn't his fault that there are hard feelings by the new general manager towards employees who worked under the previous general manager. Mike didn't have a chance with the new general manager. It is so unfortunate that it had to happen now of all times, and without one word from the owner, especially after Mike gave 10 years to this dealership. It is probably wrong to have the attitude of "what goes around comes around" but that is how I feel right now. I don't wish any harm to the dealership, but I know they have made a mistake. Especially when Mike received 3 job offers within 1 hour of being fired.
Mike feels really good about this. How, I don't know. He told me Friday that he feels relieved. I know he has worried for the past few months about his job. I can only imagine what he went through every first of the new month, wondering if that was going to be the month where he lost his job. He has been so unhappy for the past few months. I can tell a difference already in his spirit and attitude. He reminds me quite often that all will be OK and we are going to get through this. Oh, how I wish I had just an ounce of his faith and determination. Of course while he is saying we are going to be OK, in my mind I am creating this to-do list of bills to pay, and presents to buy! But, I know we are going to get through this. I have to keep reminding myself that!
I am trying to stay positive. I am very thankful that I have a job and that the kids are covered under my insurance plan. I know that we will get through this. To quote my mom... "God does not close a door without opening another". There will be another door and this too will pass. I just need to have faith. I need to not let this spoil my attitude or break my spirit. Christmas is just 3 weeks away!
There is good news, though. Mike has an interview with another dealership in town. The interview date is still being scheduled. Mike will have to travel to Tulsa, OK for the interview. The job sounds very promising. Please remember him in your prayers. Pray that the right job will come along. Pray for us as we try to deal with this transition time. Pray for me that I will resolve any hard feelings that I have towards those involved with Mike losing his job.
The kids and I (and even Mike) set up our Christmas tree yesterday. We had a great time, even with Caden asking every 5 seconds where does this one (ornament) go? Where does this one go, mom? Where should this one go? Ohhh, where should this one go? (Are you catching on to this? This went on for about a good 15 minutes!) And heaven help me, after the presents were put under the tree, all I heard was "when can I open a present?"! The little stinker has already opened a gift. Last week after I left for work Caden got out of bed, took a wrapped present from the closet, sat in the hall and opened it. Unfortunately for him, it was one of Cody's presents. Mike said he was very methodical in the way he opened it so no one would hear him. He said it looked like he made several small tears in the wrapping paper as to not wake anyone! How I wish I could have been watching him! :)
Love to you all,
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment