In just under a couple of hours, Cody will once again be leaving home and heading back to school. I'm struggling with mixed emotions. It's been wonderful having him home. But, it's time for him to go back to school!
We've had our share of battles these last few weeks. Mostly over curfew and messiness.
I forgot how nice it was to go to bed without being woken up at midnight (or later) with the sounds of Cody coming home (door opening, door locking, opening/closing of pantry door, cabinets slamming, opening/closing of refrigerator, filling tall glass with crushed ice, microwave door slamming, beep..beep..beep of the microwave, and finally bedroom door closing... but wait, then there's the I-forgot-something-in-my-car, followed by the opening/closing/locking of the front door again, and of course the light in the dining room is left on!)
I walked into his bedroom the other day only to be engulfed with the smell and sight of complete funkiness! I asked Cody "How do you live like this at school!?!" His reply... "I don't, I keep my dorm room clean. This is home, I can be messy here.".
I'll miss coming home to finding 3 college boys sitting on my couch, having fully raided our pantry. (Caden texted me the other day informing me "Cody ate ALL the chips". I could read the exasperation in his text!)
I'll miss the sounds of Cody and Caden playing Madden on the Playstation together.
I'll miss knowing that wherever he was when he wasn't home these last few weeks, he was at least in the same city as I was.
I'll miss seeing him everyday.
But, it's time for him to go back. It's time for him to keep growing and becoming independent.
Only 2 months till Spring Break and another trip home.
Please continue to pray for Cody. (And a prayer for this momma as well would hurt!) ; )
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment