Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Missing Cody

The I-miss-Cody-blues tend to hit from time to time. Like yesterday as I was driving past Amarillo High School. I watched a young man walk across the parking lot to his parked car and thought, "that's about where Cody parked". Silly, I know. Today, I passed a car that resembled Cody's and my thoughts immediately went to him. This morning while thinking ahead to the events in March (a planned vacation, Mike's birthday, spring break, Cody's birthday), it suddenly struck me that this will be the first year we'll be separated from Cody on his birthday. That thought was a hard one to take in.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Cody and wonder how he's doing. He doesn't text his momma very often. (I've given up on the thought of a possible actual phone call from him!) Someone should tell him it's not nice to not text or call his momma! I'll usually break the silence after a few days and text him.

The I-miss-Cody-blues have hit hard these past few days. Not sure what's brought them on.

I pray each and every day for Cody. Sometimes multiple prayers are said. (Like yesterday when I heard the Independence area could be affected by severe weather.) I pray that the distance between us allows us both to grow independently.

PS- Caden seems to have a case of the I-miss-Cody-blues as well. Every night he sleeps in Cody's shorts or lounge pants. I guess we're all adjusting in our own way to not having him here.

Patiently waiting for spring break...
~jen

No comments: