Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things I've Learned (part 2)

The trees in our neighborhood are gorgeous right now.

Watching your 14 year old son experience a break-up is hard.

Making Caden's costume (2nd year in a row!) was really a lot of fun for him and me.

Taking 3 different "Who should I vote for" quizzes and getting a result I wasn't expecting is quite shocking.

It's really November.

None of my blog buddies took my Yearbook Yourself dare!

Top Gun is still as good today as it was years ago.

Things will probably get worse before they get better.

Cody has basketball try-outs on Friday.

That Mike doesn't like the color brown. As in... he doesn't like the blue and brown bedroom comforter set I just got... or the brown shirt he had to wear today for family pictures!

Getting mad doesn't do any good.

There are actually people in my neighborhood who have their Christmas lights and decorations on their houses already. And yes, they are on at night.

A night of a good ole rivalry (Tech vs Texas) spent with family is quite fun.

Only one of Cody's classes changed when he made the switch from golf to basketball. (His counselor had basketball in a different period than when it actually is. This made a huge difference.)

Mike can actually give up part of Sunday afternoon football for family pictures.

Birthdays after a certain age are not as much fun as when you were younger.

Waking up at 5:10 in the morning makes you very tired by 9:15. I'm going to bed! :)

~jen

No comments: