Monday, November 3, 2008

Brotherly Love

My two boys have their good moments and they have their bad moments. Lucky for me (and them) the good moments out-number the bad. They are boys and they are brothers and they are going to act like boys and not always get along. There is also a large age gap between the 2 of them that makes getting along difficult. I've had numerous conversations with the both of them about the importance of getting along and loving each other no matter how much you may not like each other at certain times! (How else do you think I've stayed married to Mike all these years! Just kidding!) :)

With all that said... here's an example of how these 2 brothers really feel about each other.

This morning after gathering 2 sets of books, backpacks, and boys we loaded up into the car to make our way to 2 different schools (the morning routine is crazy!). I pulled over to the side of Caden's school said my goodbye to him and out he hopped from the car. As he passed the passenger side of the car he gave a great big wave to Cody who was sitting in the front seat. Cody didn't respond to Caden. He basically just ignored Caden. Well, I saw the whole thing, so I immediately got onto Cody and told him that he should have waved goodbye to his brother. He rolled down his window and whistled at Caden. Cody said, "Bye, Caden" and gave him a wave (all the while rolling his eyes that he was having to communicate with his twerpy little brother in front of all the other little twerpy kids making their way into the school building). Without missing a beat... Caden stopped, turned towards the car, waved, and yelled.... "Bye, Meanie" and skipped his way into the front entrance of the school.

Cody turned and looked at me with eyebrows raised and said, "See... even when I'm nice to him he calls me meanie". All I could do was let out a deep, long sigh, realizing that there is much work to be done with these 2 boys. Then a few little giggles escaped as I replayed in my mind the whole scene again.

May these 2 boys always have brotherly love even when one of them is a meanie!

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I popped over from Rebecca's blog to check out your posts and discover Jukebox Hero playing. Hadn't heard that song in years. Now it will be stuck in my head the rest of the day.

Jennifer said...

Travis...
Jukebox Hero is our 6 year old's favorite song. He especially likes it when mom breaks out the microphone (aka the wooden spoon) and we jam out in the kitchen! :)
PS... I've read your blog a few times. I've enjoyed it. I may have to add it to my "Blogs I read list"!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

~renay~ said...

This is too funny....love the story. Hope you had a GREAT birthday!!!
~r