Tuesday, June 3, 2008

First Major Issue with the New House

Well... it happened. Something within the house broke. 56 days into the American dream... we haven't even made a payment (making that check out tonight)... and a major appliance within our home goes kaput. You might be wondering to yourself... what could it be? What valuable, much-needed appliance could it be?

Here's some hints...
It was 106 degrees yesterday (which by the way was 2 degrees from the hottest ever recorded high temp for the city; according to Doppler Dave).
It was 100 degrees today.
It is supposed to be 102 tomorrow.
This appliance provides much needed relief from 100+ degree temps.
This appliance causes our electricity bill to skyrocket during 100+ degree temps.
This appliance is well-missed right now!

Are you figuring this out?

Yes... you guessed it. That major appliance that decided to go kaput during the hottest first few days of June in history is our air conditioner.

The compressor is ruined... no longer with us... cooled it's last house. The kicker is that the AC repair guy tells me after a thorough diagnosis that it will be A WEEK TO A WEEK AND A HALF until he can get a new compressor in and installed. I know my jaw dropped to the floor when he told me that. I looked at him with what I am sure was a dumbfound expression of "WHAT?".

After he left and I slowly began to process what he had just told me, I called and complained to the home warranty company. Hopefully we will have this resolved tomorrow and will be able to find another contractor who can install a new compressor much sooner.

Please think of us as you sit in your comfortable homes cooled to a crisp 72 degrees (or lower), while our thermostat reads 82 degrees at 9:20 at night!

:)
~jen

No comments: