The AC guy arrived with a new compressor. However, after installing it, he discovered that it was only part of the problem. After running the AC for 30 minutes, he noticed that part of the line was freezing up. According to him, this is due to shoddy workmanship on some duct work from the previous owners... that we now get to fix ourselves. It's not covered under the home warranty. AND... if the compressor goes out again because of the current duct problem, a new compressor won't be covered under our home warranty.
So... basically that leaves us with still no air conditioner. We can run it for 30-40 mins at night only, but each time we run it we take a chance of freezing up the line and blowing out the new compressor. We can't afford to take that chance. I could literally cry right now. We have endured a temperature of 85+ inside our house for over a week now. For those who live here, you know how hot and windy it has been lately. I haven't gone to bed earlier than midnight-1:00 since last Monday. My stomach aches. My head hurts. The kids complain that it's so hot. My house has a musty smell now. I can't cook at night, the laundry room is like a sauna whenever I do laundry. I'm going to cry.
I know there are so many other "wrongs" in the world right now, much worse than us not having a working air conditioner... but please say a prayer for us.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment