Well... it's been 2 weeks since I started my new job and I have to say... I love it! It is a crazy, fun-filled, exciting, learn something new every day kind of job! The 12+ hour shifts are hard. We stay until the last patient is seen and on most nights I have been home by 8:45. Tonight, it was 9:15... but that's ok because I am off tomorrow! The good thing is I just work 3 shifts a week... so it's not that bad. Everyday I see something new. Everyday I say a prayer for both my boys when I see a teenager or small child come in because they've smashed their fingers, or stepped on a nail, or flew off their bike and skid across the pavement. Today I had to give a little 6 year old a shot... today was her birthday. What a way to spend your birthday! We both were in tears by the end of it! All was made somewhat better with a snack and juice box, though.
I learned today that my fellow co-workers have a bet as to when I will break. They seem to be waiting for me to snap at a patient, doctor, or even one of them! Well, I'll show them. I'm stronger than they think! I'll just keep smiling... :)
I am really excited to continue to see these relationships form between my co-workers. There are some really great, fun, love-their-job, people working in this office!
All in all... I really have enjoyed these past 2 weeks. It's been hard, but a great learning experience. Everyday I see something new (and totally out of my comfort zone), but each day it's getting a little easier.
The boys seem to be adjusting to the change. Cody's accepted more responsibility at home and has done a great job of watching Caden a few evenings.
Everything seems to be going well so far!
Our biggest challenge will occur next week as Mike leaves us on Wednesday for a business trip to San Diego, California. He will be gone until next Saturday. He is going to the Honda Car Show with the owner of the dealership that Mike works at. I would really like to go with him (which is not an option) because the entertainer of the car show is Reba McEntire. Man... would I love to go to one of her concerts! He's already told me twice how excited he is to go! (Not really... if he could find a way to skip out on it he would, but since the boss is there... he'd better not!)
2 weeks later he has a 3 day trip to Dallas. He's going to be super busy this month. Hopefully we will be able to survive while he's gone. Luckily, I've been able to work my schedule around his so that I will be home to get the boys to and from their activities while he is away.
Guess this is all the latest with us. It's so late. I am so very tired... I'm going to bed. It will be morning before I know it! Maybe a nap will be possible tomorrow afternoon! :)
Bye for now....
~jen
1 comment:
Just reading that made me tired Jen... I hope it passes quickly with Mike gone. I know it stinks to not get to go with him.
Post a Comment