Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last days...

Where to begin…

Last Wednesday Crockett held its 8th grade Awards Assembly. Cody was awarded the President’s Educational Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement. I am also proud to tell you that he received a “Commended Performance” on 3 out of 4 of his TEKS exams this year. We are so proud of how Cody has excelled this year; not only academically, but in football, basketball, and golf as well. As this school year comes to a close and Cody graduates from Middle School, I still can’t believe that he will be entering high school this fall. Wow. Where has time gone?

Last week was Caden’s last week at Kid University Pre-school. I can’t believe how quickly a year passes. We’ve seen such tremendous growth in this precious child. We watched him write his name backwards (nedac) to being able to write perfectly, Caden Thomas Conrad! He’s learned so much at school this year and we are so very thankful to his teachers, Ms. Keri and Ms. Teresa. Never once did I worry about Caden while he was in their care. I knew he was going to be taken care of, loved, and that he would be treated like one of their own. Thank you, Keri and Teresa for a wonderful year. We’ve loved every minute of pre-school!

Last Thursday night Caden graduated from Pre-school. It was an emotional evening. The tears started as I walked into the auditorium 10 minutes before the ceremony even began! It was a special ceremony, one that I won’t forget. It’s hard to believe that my precious baby will be 6 years old next month. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were preparing for his arrival. Now we are preparing for Kindergarten! How time flies….

Here are some pictures of the graduation ceremony:











2 comments:

Keri said...

Caden has been a highlight of our class this year. I have loved seeing his smiling face every week. I will miss him so much. It is hard to watch them go on to the BIG KIDS SCHOOL! With parents like you and Mike, kids like Caden and a great co-teacher like Teresa teaching is easy! :)

~renay~ said...

I can't believe that the boys are growing up so fast..I came across a picture this weekend of me holding Cody as a baby. Not only has he changed, but a few extra pounds found there way to me. :-))