Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tornadoes and 4 year olds

Have you ever heard (or used) the expression "this place looks like a tornado hit it!"? We'll for the past few days Cade's room has looked like a tornado hit it. I literally had to clear a path from the door to his closet and then to his bed. How can the average 4 year old make such a mess? Here is a picture of Caden's room this morning. (By the way, the "white stuff" is the stuffing from one of Caden's teddy bears!)

It took me 2 hours and a TON of patience (still working on those New Year's Resolutions) to clean up this mess. I made Caden help, but between the "look, Mom I found my ____" with every discovery of a lost toy, and the ever constant checking of the trash bag to make sure I wasn't throwing away something "very important", he didn't help that much!

Lessons learned:
1. Caden has way too many toys!
2. Never underestimate the power of a 4 year old. They are as destructive as tornadoes!

Here's an "after" shot of Caden's room:




2 comments:

Keri said...

I feel your pain!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that there was a little boy in all of that....YOU did a great job cleaning. Want to come clean my house???

renay