"I am not happy. I am really mad." These are the words that Caden had for me as we got in the car this afternoon after our visit to the doctor. As much as I wanted to say, "I am not happy either"... especially after spending 2 hours in a 8X12 foot room with Caden and having to need 3 other nurses to help me secure Caden while he received his THREE injections... I just said, "I know you are not happy, Caden". He rebounded rather quickly though with a request for a X-box game rental from Hastings instead of ice cream!
We went to a new doctor today. He was absolutely wonderful. Some of you know how unhappy I have been with our previous doctor. Well, we have found a keeper. Dr. Merki was so attentive and really listened to my concerns and was so friendly with Caden. Caden weighs 45.4 pounds and is 42" tall. Caden will start using a peak-flow meter to better help us measure his lung function especially with winter coming along. It is a simple machine that he blows into which moves a lever along a cylinder and gives us a reading. He will do this daily and we will start charting his measurements. Hopefully this will assist us in treating his "asthma" (still un-official) needs. Everything else was great. No ear infections. Dr. Merki did not hear the heart murmur. He has a referral to go see a dermatologist for some bumps that have surfaced on the back of his thighs. Dr. Merki thought it was some type of viral infection (non-contagious) which will either need to be frozen-off (oh, how I pray not) or Caden will need to start receiving some type of immune-boosting medication to help these bumps resolve. Other than that all is well! I'll post again, soon!
Love to you all,
jen
No comments:
Post a Comment