It's hard to believe that the end of October is here. I am amazed at how quickly time is passing by. Too quickly if you asked me! Cody's tournament season has come to an end. He's focusing on deciding on which colleges to apply to. We've got a deadline of December 1st looming upon us. He hasn't decided yet where he'd like to apply. The college tournament season has ended so Cody is hoping that he'll have a little more contact with a few coaches. He's had a little interest so far. He's received multiple emails from a coach at a community college in Snyder. It's just a 2 year school, but it would be a great place to get some basic courses out of the way and continue to grow and improve in his golf game. And it's just 3 hours away! Bonus for me! Further down the road... 1300ish miles to be exact... he's received a few emails from Limestone College in Gaffney, South Carolina. Cody's called the coach to visit with him. Now we're just waiting on a return call. It's all so exciting and heartbreaking all at the same time. While I'd love to see him stay closer to home (or at least in Texas), we'll support him wherever he wants to go (within reason!)
Cade finished up his football season a couple of weeks ago. Basketball started this past week. So much for my agenda free weekends! At least I got a couple of them these past 2 weekends! It will be exciting to see Caden playing some basketball. It's one of my favorite sports to watch my boys play. He's doing well in school. So far he's received 5 Caught Being Good Cards. I may need to implement these at home! His Mimi and Pawpaw gave him some "walking around money" while they were here and Caden decided to purchase a fishing pole. He loves his new fishing pole, Mom and Dad! And no hook accidents as of yet... other than the one I found deep in my couch! He's been fishing once with Cody. But no luck catching anything yet!
As for me... I wish I could report I've lost another 20 pounds but I've sort-of fallen off the wagon. There's no sort-of. I have fallen off the wagon. I haven't been to the gym in several weeks. I've kept off about 17 pounds of the 20 that I lost over the summer. I'm sad to think where I would be had I kept to my commitment. It's so easy to loose focus. There was so much freedom to the summer and it was so much easier to get to the gym. With school, practices, an increasing work-load, and all the other day-to-day activities... there's not much time for the gym. I'm trying to make my evening routines a little easier for this week. I bought a new crock pot and have planned at least 4 crock pot meals for this week. Hopefully that will make getting to the gym after work a little easier. We'll see.
Another birthday is approaching this week. I'm not keeping track, but it's my 8th 29th birthday. AGAIN... where has time gone? This past Friday I was able to meet one of my good friends at AHS to attend the pep rally. We both went to AHS. She graduated a year before me. But this year we are experiencing our boys graduating from AHS. I am so thankful to have her support through this emotional journey! Anyways, we got to feel like teenagers again. We were very well behaved though. We didn't embarrass our children or ourselves! It was a blast. Such wonderful memories from years ago and new ones to hold onto.
That's it for our day-to-day for now...
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment