Friday, March 20, 2009

Venting

This is one of those venting posts which I will probably regret later. However, I have to vent. I have just spent the last TWO hours cleaning Caden's room. I'm not done. Thus the venting. How much stuff can a 6 year old have? Let me tell you... too much! So much that you don't even know where to begin. I so wanted to close the door and never look back. I've filled 2... that's 2 of the big industrial strength black trash bags. TWO of them full of stuff. Junk. Broken toys. Toys with missing parts. Every fast food restaurant in town's kid's meal toy. Broken crayons. Dried out markers. Art projects from 2004.

I just found the carpet under Caden's bed. You would not believe what he had shoved under there!

You would think that after 2 hours of cleaning, I'd be done. I'm not done. I still need to dust, vacuum, and strip the bed. Then I'm done.

Next up the hall closet.

While I am venting... can I just tell you my kids are slowing destroying my home. The home that we never thought would be ours. We finally saved and saved to purchase new furniture that is all our own. And now, our 2 children are slowly destroying everything. I won't list all the damage, but let me tell you one or both of our children has left their mark on every piece of furniture we own.

I don't know how to cope. It seems as though every time I turn around something else is broken, scratched, torn, dirty, stained, not working, lost, destroyed.

Enough venting or else I'll really let loose and bring up everything that I've been holding onto since 1992.

~jen

No comments: