The first week of school has come and gone. Hopefully for everyone, so have the first week jitters and worries. Both boys have done remarkably well adjusting to kindergarten and high school. Caden had a wonderful first week. Today marked a new milestone, he entered the school all by himself. We walked together across the street to the front sidewalk and then I let go of my baby's hand and watched him walk into the front door with such pride in his steps because he was a big boy going into the school all by himself.
Cody also had a great first week. He played well last week each day that the golf team went to the course. He still doesn't know where he will be placed (either JV Black or Gold). He went to his first Friday night football game as a Sandie and sat in the student section at the stadium. He said he had a blast. I know there will be many more firsts for him this year and I can't wait to experience them with him.
As for me, my first week of school jitters have subsided some. The emotions are less raw, a little less tearful these past few days. I am still searching for a babysitter, so please continue to keep your ears open and pass along my name and number if you know of someone who is interested. Thanks to friends and family who have offered to help watch Caden while we search. We couldn't do without you. Sometimes I think there is a little truth to the saying..."it takes a village to raise a child"!
Hope all is well with each of you!
~jen
2 comments:
This past week just flew by...I can't believe that once again another week has almost passed. You survived...I am so proud of you and the wonderful mom that you are! Glad to see your computer is up and running. :-)))
Post a Comment