New song for the day (turn your speakers on and click Burnin Up under My Playlist). (Never fear Kenny Loggins' fans, he'll be back!)
This one's for Cody. The other night I picked him and his friend Chase up from the golf course. On the stereo in the car was this song. Immediately the boys were yelling, "This is our song!... Turn it up!... No way!... You have this on a CD?... Oh this is so our song!" It was hilarious. We even had to take the long way to Chase's house so they could hear the entire song!
I think there was a major breakthrough for Cody at that moment... I think he realized his mom can be somewhat cool because she likes some of the same music as her teenage son and his friend!
Oh, to be young again.
Just curious, what was your song as a teenager?
(I'll have to think about mine for a day or 2... it's late and I'm not thinking all that clearly!)
~jen
PS... hang on just a few more seconds and Kenny Loggins will be on! You know you love Footloose and you can't keep your toes from tapping and doing a little boogieing in your chair! Everybody cut footloose!
No comments:
Post a Comment