Friday, July 25, 2008

Mini-Vacation

We are home after a whirlwind trip to Era, Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Arlington, a tour through Dallas, Plano, back to Era, and then home in 4 days!
Cody, Caden, Chase (a friend of Cody's), and I left Tuesday morning for a mini-vacation. Mike was busy doing what he seems to always be doing these days... working. He couldn't take a few days off to come with us, so I braved the unknown and took off on an adventure with 2 teenage boys and a 6 year old! We stopped at my grandparents for a great hamburger dinner (thanks Granny!) and a quick visit. We left their house headed for Fort Worth to spend a lovely 2 nights at a local hotel. Did I mention that I had 2 teenage boys with me? I think we finally got to bed around 11:30 that night!

Wednesday, Cody and Chase played in a NTPGA Junior golf tournament at North Richland Hills Iron Horse Golf Course. My grandparents drove in to watch Cody play. (By the way, they celebrated their 54th wedding anniversary by watching Cody play a round of golf... thanks Granny and Papa for spending your special day with us... we are so glad you were able to see Cody play!). Cody didn't play so well, he tied for 19th. Chase played a little better, he finished 6th.
What do you see in this picture (above)?

After a long round of golf, the kids and I headed over to NRH2O water park. What a cool place this is! The kids had the best time. It really is a neat park, lots of activities and very family friendly. Caden loved it!



Thursday we headed over to Six Flags. It was miserable! We were drenched in sweat just walking from our car to the main gate! It was only 10:15 in the morning!!! The kids had a lot of fun, even through the heat and humidity. But by 5:00, they were ready to go.

Some how these 3 boys managed to convince me to drive them to Plano during 5:00 traffic to go to a PGA Tour Superstore after Six Flags! That was a mistake! But for 3 boys who love to golf... this place was a dream come true!


We headed back to Era for a night's stay at my grandparents and then home this afternoon. It feels so good to be back home, even though I have to work tomorrow! Oh well. It was a great mini-vacation!
~jen

1 comment:

Keri said...

looks like you guys had a fantastic/tiring time! :)