What a day today has been.
It's almost 4:00 and I am ready to go to bed. I woke up this morning and got Cody off to school, only to come home and realize that Caden was running a fever. He also had a runny nose and.... another infected sore. This one is about 1/4-1/2 " in diameter. This sore came up last night and was really bothering him this morning...to the point of tears. So, I called and got him into to see our nurse practitioner. Turns out he has strep throat along with the infected sore! And of course we have a dilemma with the antibiotic (it can't be easy, can it?). There isn't an antibiotic that will treat both! So we are treating the strep first, and will apply a topical antibiotic to the infection on his leg. Once we are finished with this oral antibiotic, and if the infection to the leg looks the same or worse, we'll start the other antibiotic.
Poor Caden he really looks like he feels bad. He is usually so happy to see the little nurse tech, Ashley at our doctor's office. Even when he doesn't feel all that well he is always happy to see her. Not today, though. She didn't even get a smile from Caden. We all knew he wasn't feeling well then.
He is still taking a nap. We got home from the doctor's office/pharmacy/Hastings (he thought he deserved a couple of movies and a X-box game)/McDonald's/convenience store to pick up another drink (Caden ended up dropping his coke from McDonald's onto the backseat floorboard- it has really been a rough day!) and he was worn out. He ate his chicken nuggets and went to bed!
Hopefully he will feel better soon. I can't stand to see him so sad when he doesn't feel well!
On another note... I called and talked to the person who will interview for the RN position within the school district today. She will set up interviews the week after next. She remembered mom when I mentioned her name (hey, I am using all that I can to get this job!) and she ended the phone call with "I'm looking forward to meeting you". Hopefully that means something good! I am trying to not get my hopes up, but it is so hard. We'll see what happens!
We'll I guess this is all for now. Cody just got home from school.
Take care.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment