Caden and I made a return visit to the doctor today. For the past couple of days he has had severe abdominal cramping from the antibiotic he is on. I called our pharmacist yesterday and the cramping is a side effect. He absolutely refused to take his medicine this morning, even after much pleading, bribing, and even threats. Nothing worked. So I called our nurse practitioner and we returned to the office.
Caden received an injection of Rocephin (antibiotic) and we picked up another prescription for a different antibiotic (our 3rd one). It took 3 nurses to hold Caden down for his shot. I would imagine that if there was a prize for worst mother of the year, Caden would have nominated me! On the way to the doctor all I heard was "your a meat-head (his newest word) mommy"! He was not happy with me once he found out he was getting a shot.
Hopefully the combination of the injection and the new antibiotic will get this little boy well.
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment