Saturday, January 14, 2012

Positive Change

I resolved two things for the new year... to renew my faith and to get healthy.  I have failed miserably at both of these over the last several months.  My spirit has been dry.  My faith, weak.  I lost my focus.  I have failed.  Over these last several weeks I began to realize that not only was I failing myself by not attending church regularly, but I was failing my children and Michael.

On January 9th, I pledged "30 days of Positive Change".  I recently started listening to K-LOVE on a regular basis and heard about the 30 Day Challenge.  30 days of Christian music and see how it changes your life.  I thought, I'm going to give this a try.  But, I decided to take it one step further... 30 days of Positive Change. 30 days to renew my spirit and get healthy.

It's working.  I haven't changed the radio station from K-LOVE since January 9th.  I downloaded the app on my phone and listen to it while I get ready in the morning.  I've even heard Caden singing along to the radio in the car.

I started reading Stormie Omartian's The Power of a Praying Wife.  (Thanks to a sweet friend for the suggestion of the book along with surprising me with a copy of the book!)  I'm learning as I read.  I'm praying daily.
 
I've lost 9 pounds this week.  Yes, I know this is a lot for a week's time.  No, I'm not doing something crazy!  I started using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone.  I've set a daily calorie goal.  I track everything I eat.  I've given up all Coke products.  Only water or tea (sweetened with Splenda or Equal).  I haven't been able to get to the gym this week as Caden has kept me busy with basketball practices.   But, my goal for this next week is to start my Tae-Bo DVD workouts at home.

5 days into the commitment of Positive Change and I'm seeing changes.  I'm feeling the changes.  I still struggle at times letting negative thoughts (especially those involving work stress) creep in every once in a while.  But, it's a work in progress. 

~jen       

No comments: