Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Journey

I'm beginning my third week of my new job.  It's been an emotional journey thus far.  I'm quite sure the journey will only continue.  One day during my first week I observed another nurse.  We went to see a couple of patients in one of the nursing homes here in town.  I can't remember the last time I was in a nursing home so I was a little taken back after walking in.  It was hard to not personalize my surroundings, but I did.  I immediately thought of my sweet great-grandmother who resided in a nursing home.  I thought of my aging grand-parents.  I thought of my parents.  Then I thought of myself.  I kept telling myself I don't want to get older.  I don't want to be an "old" person.  I want time to stand still.
I can't make time stand still.  We will all die.  It's the natural process of life. While I know that statement is true, it doesn't keep me from still wishing to make time stand still.
The journey continues.    
~jen      

No comments: