Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mom vs Working Mom

There is an inner battle brewing. Mom vs Working Mom. I don't know how to make the two personas work together. I dislike working so much at this very moment. This week I'm facing a 59 hour work-week starting tomorrow through next Friday (6 days straight). (And don't anyone comment about the overtime pay... because I could care less about the money. Because at the end of the day, money doesn't replace missed time with either of my kids.)

Cody just told me he's going to the Borger Tourney next Friday. I am so excited for him. But Mom will miss that tournament because Working Mom has to work. I know thousands of moms and dads work. And thousands of moms and dads miss their kid's activities. And I know that there are several thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of individuals desperately searching for employment and here I am complaining about working. I know. I know. I should just stop complaining and get over it.

Ugh.

But that's the thing... I don't know how to get over it. I have to work. Therefore, I have to miss some of my kids activities.

If you are a mom/dad that gets to stay at home, work your Working Mom/Dad schedule around your kid's schedule, or are lucky enough to have a work schedule that follows the school schedule... know how blessed you are.

I'm finished with my pity-party.
~jen

No comments: