Drum roll please....
Here are my highly anticipated 2011 Resolutions (in no particular order):
10. Forgive and forget.
It's time to forgive and forget (to some level) events, mistakes, mishaps, and disappointments of yesterday and even yesteryear. It's time to forgive others and myself. It's time to live with no regrets.
9. Less Facebook, more bible study and prayer.
Sorry, Mark Zuckerberg... I love Facebook and the connections I've made with long lost friends... but it's time for a self-induced intervention. When I'm spending more time updating my status and reading my friend's posts than I am in prayer or time spent reading and studying the bible... my priorities are out of whack.
8. Family dinner.
We've gotten very relaxed in our home eating in the living room, bedrooms, and den. We grab our plates and off we scatter. I'm just as guilty as anyone in my home. I'm making a resolution that family dinner returns to our dining table at least 4 times a week.
7. Get healthy, get fit.
This makes the list year after year. But here I am... the heaviest I've ever been. So obviously this wasn't a resolution from years past that I kept very well. I've already scheduled my work-outs for next week. They are in my day planner. They are on my calendar on the fridge. I would like to say my goal is to weigh what I weighed when I graduated high school, but it's not necessarily about a number anymore. I want to be healthy. I want to be in shape... not necessarily "athletic", but in good shape. I want more than anything to feel comfortable in my own body. A few weeks ago I was out searching for the "perfect" outfit for a Christmas party. I went from store to store in desperation trying to find this perfect outfit. I broke down in tears... sobbing... in the Kohl's dressing room. Disgusted with my reflection. Honest confession here... I do not have full length mirrors in my home. I refuse to look at my reflection anywhere but from about my shoulders up. Refuse. Staring at my reflection in that Kohl's dressing room was a wake up call. I will never again break down sobbing in a dressing room. It's time to make a change.
6. Gulf Coast.
The kids and I want to travel to the Gulf Coast just once. I'd love nothing more than to dip my toes into the ocean (or in this case... the Gulf of Mexico!). I'd love nothing more than to see my kids dip their toes into the ocean! I'm hopeful that Michael will want to come along... but he tends to want to avoid all bodies of water! And that's ok. I learned a few years ago that it's perfectly fine for me to take the kids and go. And... we do! The boys love my singing in the car on roadtrips! :)
5. Me time.
It's time to make a commitment to myself. To schedule that time away from Michael and the kids. Whether it's a pedicure, a quick tan at the pool, a quiet moment sipping coffee, or a walk around the park. I have to take some time for myself.
4. Volunteer more.
This Christmas season I made a decision to volunteer with the Eveline Rivers Christmas Project. It has forever touched my heart and stirred a desire to do more. I am excited to find organizations to volunteer my time to this next year.
3. Church involvement.
It's time to get more involved in our church. It's time to step out of my comfort zone (out of my designated church pew) and meet new people, find a class to join, attend a ladies bible study.
2. Fore!!!
It's time I learn how to play golf. It's time to take the leap... pick up a club and smack the living daylight out of a little white golf ball. Who knows... it could be a great stress reliever! (By the way... this could be the hardest resolution to keep!)
1. Treasure every moment.
My children are my biggest blessings. I already treasure every moment I have with them. But coming into this new year... I am realizing that they are growing up. They are spreading their wings. And in just a few short months... Cody will be a Senior. A Senior. Time has flown by. I don't want to become so focused on the "countdown to graduation", but to just focus on the blessing of each and every day leading to that point and beyond.
My aunt Luann posted this on Facebook earlier:
For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29: 11.
Could there be a more perfect verse as we start another new year? I pray that each of us will feel the peace of the Lord and His plans for us for this next year and until the end.
Happy New Year, everyone. Peace and happiness to you all.
Love,
~jen
No comments:
Post a Comment