I guess I should re-word the title of this post to... The End of the Current Me. Many of you know that I have struggled with my weight since... well... the birth of Cody. There's been ups and downs, but over the past several years, it's been a steady increase. I've tried and failed many diet and exercise attempts... joined and quit weight loss programs.
Two weeks ago, I joined what will hopefully be my last weight loss class through my employer. So far I've lost 5 pounds. I haven't had a sip of any carbonated beverage (regular or diet) in 20 days. I can eat what I want, I've only changed when and how I eat. The good news is it's working. My clothes are fitting more loosely and the scale is now on a downward decline.
So why this post? Well, it's more for me. More for a reminder of where I've been, where I am at, and where I want to be. Where I am at now is unhappy, unhealthy, embarrassed, tired, and worn out. Where I want to be is healthy, happy, self-confident, active, and a better example for my family, friends, co-workers, and even my patients. While I understand (and totally accept) that I may never be that size 8 that I was my senior year, I sure don't want to be where I am at now anymore. Hopefully there is a happy median between the two.
I have a wish list that I've created for myself. These are things I want to do with Mike and the kids, things I want to do for myself. Here's a small sampling of some of those things...
~take the boys snow skiing
~learn to play golf
~go inner-tubing on the lake just one more time
~participate in a 5K run/walk race
~bike ride through the canyon
~fit comfortably in a ride at Six Flags
~shop at Coldwater Creek (and not have to order a "women's" size from the catalog)
I'm adding a weight loss tracker to the side of my blog. Again, this is more for me. I will update it every Friday.
So, here's to a new me. A better me. A happier and healthier me. :)
~jen
7 comments:
I'm so proud of your dedication....YOU are awesome and will do a GREAT job. Love you!!!
~r
good luck. i have thought and stress the word thought about a 5k too. maybe we could do it together. again, i'm not convinced i want to do that. but, if you do and want a partner maybe i will be it. again stressing the thought part. you CAN do this.
You go girl, you can do whatever you set your mind to do. Am really proud of you, I know first hand how hard it is to lose weight. Just keep in mind how much better you are going to feel.
Love you very much,
Granny & Papa.
I too have been trying to shed some pounds. I'm down 20 since April 15th, but I still need to lose another 20 or so.
Good luck! I know you can do it :)
If you're serious about looking for a 5K, St. Marys always does one with the carnival in October. That might give you enough time to train for it...
I'm so proud of you and your commitment to your lifstyle change.
I know you can do anything you set your mind to. Good Luck and I will be praying for you.
Love You, Dad
Jennifer,
Why your Dad did not add my name to what you have been doing for you and for family, I don't know, anyway, I feel the same way and more. You are an example for both your Dad and I to become more healthier, regarding our weight and what and how much we eat. Thank you for your example to all those who know the beautiful lady you are.
Love you very much,
Mom
Post a Comment